Diabetic and pregnant, was on insulin, had fibrocystic breasts. Took danazol. What is wrong?

Hello, I was recently diagnosed as diabetic at the same time I found out I was pregnant. I was put on insulin right away since they didn t want to risk any more sugar spikes during the pregnancy. My frustration is that I have not been told what type of diabetes I have because according to some doctors, I don t fully fit either type. No doctor has yet requested any type of testing to confirm the type. Is this because I m pregnant? Do such tests exist and what are they? My next question is regarding the source of the disease. I m having a hard time dealing with the diagnosis and adjusting to a different lifestyle and I d like to know how I became diabetic. I would like to mention that six months before my diagnosis I took Danazol for fibrocystic breasts for three months. After thoroughly searching online I found several articles that link this medication to insulin resistance and that it affects blood sugar. Could this medication have made me diabetic? Thank you! I m 28, no family history of diabetes, and not overweight .
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013