Diabetic, amputated toes, have big hole at the bottom of foot that does not seem to heal. Remedy?

Hi my dad has an on going problem with one foot he is 73 years old and has diabetes .It all started about 2 years ago when my dad had an infection in his big toe the infection went from one toe to the other he has had all toes amputated. My dad now has a big hole in the bottom of his foot for the last year and a half it is not healing up he is in constant pain he has had antibiotics after antibiotics last week a red line showed up in the bottom of his foot then a few days later a red line appeared in his leg.The hospital have said that there is no infection in the foot but i disagree i believe that this is a serious problem.The hospital have said that they cannot do anymore they can just give my dad antibiotics and morphine for the pain even with my dad on three lots of morphine he tells me that the pain is unbearable.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012