Diabetic after kidney transplantation. Is fistula flap or plug safer?

My husband is a kidney transplant patient. Three years with the kidney and doing great. He is also diabetic taking 4 shots a day. He needs to decide between a fistula flap or plug. I have been reading about both and frankly they both scare me and there is no reason that the abcess will not come back. It is so hard to make a decision when the doctor is handing you a pen saying decide and sign. We need more information. He does not want to add incontinence to all his other issues.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013