Diabetic, acute pain in stomach,lost smell sensation. Prescribed Lubowell, still pain, constipation. Solution ?

hello Doctor. I m 63 yrs. old. I have gone thru CABG , Spleenectomy in 2010. I m diabetic also and take insulin 14/10 per day. CKD is also present . Since last December I started to feel acute pain in my stomach. I went to Medanta medicity, Gurgaon. They conducted Ultra sound , Endoscopy . colonoscopy and other blood tests. Everything was normal. They prescribed Lesuride. No positive result after 3 months. On the contrary I lost my sense of smell. Then they prescribed Lubowell. No improvement in pain or constipation and heaviness in abdomen after meal. I stopped that too after 3 months. Then Istrted to take Jhandu Pancharist. This gave me a little relief in the pain but heaviness in stomach and bowel movement remain sluggish. It hampers my work. On 13th feb. 2013 I again went to Dr. Randhir Sud, head of Gastroenterlogy. He prescribed me 2 medicines: Meva-C & Serta 50 m. Pain is relieved to some extent but after taking Serta in the morning I feel so drowsy that I cannot concentrate on anything. Even I cannot read newspaper and force to sleep. Could you tell me what should I do. I am jain vegetarian and I do not eat or drink outside. My food is very simple, non-spicy and I take 2 spoon of Isabgol daily since last 23 yrs. Dr. says it is neurological diabetic bowel syndrome. What would you advise?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013