Diabetic. Taking Diamet. Should I continue? Side effects?

What s the relation between fasting sugar and HB1Ac tests. How to co-relate the same. In my case the HB1Ac is between 5-6 tests 2-3 times regular army but the fasting sugar level is between 125 to 145 level. From last 7-8 years I am testing the fasting sugar but the fasting sugar was always over 115. These are normally tested by the electronic meter in the hospital. Is this meter accurate enough.I am presently 52 years of age.
I am advised Diamet 500 which I am taking from last one month.

Please advise for how much time I need to continue the same. also confirm whether this medicine have some side effects. I have noticed some sneezing problem with me
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013