Diabetic. Intermittent pressure on shoulder, pounding in ears, light headed. Concerned?

I have pressure in both shoulders and pounding in my ears like a heart beat when I stand up. I don't get it very often but every now and then. I sort of feel light headed when this comes on and have to sit now immediately then I feel better. I am 61 yrs old and a diabetic. My diabetes is under control thru medicine and diet. Should I be concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Your symptoms suggest that probably you are suffering from postural hypotension..Postural hypotension is a condition in which subjects experience a systolic blood pressure drop of 20 mm Hg or more, or a diastolic blood pressure drop of 10 mm Hg or more, with or without an increase in heart or pulse rate, with or without symptoms, and within 3 minutes after standing.
There could be various reasons for your postural hypertension and this includes...
....Ageing  may result in vascular stiffness causing reduction of baroreflex sensitivity of a person.
....due to use of anti hypertensives.
.. Use of diuretics may cause dehydration and hypotension.
...Cardiac disorder like cardiac failure 
...diabetic auto neuropathy.
You must consult your doctor and get yourself examined properly to look for the cause and treatment.