Diabetic. Done with blood ESR test. How to reduce ESR? Chances of having infection?

My mother is 55 years old. She is a diabtic patient. Her diabtes level is normal now. But some times she is getting fever. Her Health is also decreasing day by day. Today we had a Blood ESR test and level is 128. we are totally surprised and feared. What could be the reason of increasing ESR and how to reduce it. What are the infections can happen in body. what are the diagnosis need to do to find out the reason for it. Please help me. I am totally feared. I cant manage myself without my mother. Please help me doc.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013