Diabetes with factor v leiden, have sharp stabbing pains on one side of the chest causing breathing difficulty. Normal EKG, stress test, chest X-ray. Had congestive heart failure after c-section. What is the cause?

I am a 34 type 1 diabetic with factor v leiden . I have experienced random unexplained sharp stabbing pains in the left side of my chest at my breastbone since I can remember. Immediately after my first c section I had congestive heart failure due to fluid overload. During my recent pregnancy the stabbing chest pain came back but now was also associated with extreme shortness of breath. I was treated with high dose love of and felt better. Now the past month, the chest pain is back. It is very sharp and literally takes my breath away and causes me to fall to my knees. It is usually short in duration. I have had EKG , blood gas, chest x ray, cardiac non stress test, venous Doppler, and a cardiac ultrasound...and nothing. I am frustrated. This pain doesn t feel like nothing and I am concerned that something serious will have to happen before there will be a diagnosis. What could this be?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012