Diabetes under control, pancreatitis, have severe diarrhea with watery stools, undigested particles, no relief with antibiotics,on diabetes medicines. What could be the cause?

Dear Doctor, I have been a diabetic with type 2 diabetes for the past 3 years. Four months ago i had been diagnosed with pancreatitis and warded in a hospital for 6 days. I was treated and discharged and prescribed both insulin and metformin twice daily. After carefully controlling my diet combined with regular exercise, I have brought my sugar levels to almost normal at most times - as i do take 7 readings daily for the past 4 months. I took myself off insulin after noticing a severe drop in my sugar levels but still continue with my oral medication. About a week ago I have been experiencing severe diarrhea like symptoms. My stool is watery and almost 3-5 times daily for the past 1 week. I also notice that my food is not digested well. I had consulted a GP and prescribed with some antibiotics etc but the symptoms still persists. Could you please give me some insight as to what could be the probable cause of my condition? Thanks. Cheers, Shankar
Asked On : Thu, 19 Apr 2012