Diabetes patient. High blood sugar post lunch. Hereditary condition. Will reducing weight help?

I AM 31 OBESE AND DIAGNOSED WITH DIABETES SINCE NOVEMBER AND MY POST LUNCH BLOOD SUGAR WAS 370 AND I WANT TO KNOW IF I REDUCE WEIGHT ARE THERE ANY CHANCES OF REDUCING BLOOD SUGAR my mom is diabetic and my sis who is 25 is in borderline is there any chances of hereditary and is there any chances of my daughter getting it bcause in a recent health camp i out of suspicion i got my daughters blood checked with accucheck her sugar level after food was more and she is 10 yrs old
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012