Diabetes, paraplegic, lost one kidney. Is any amount of tonic water safe to consume?

I am age 54, with type-2 diabetes , and have been a paraplegic for nearly 40 years. I lost one kidney (around age 45) for unknown reasons. (Right side kidney shrank and is nearly inert). My microalbumin levels range from 45 to 81, and go up and down. My question concerns the consumption of tonic water (containing quinine ): In your opinon, is any amount of tonic water safe to consume (for anyone in my condition)? I drink the diet kind, straight (no alcohol). Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013