Diabetes, overweight, infection on incision site of hip replacement, got projectile vomiting after over eating. Chances of infection being spread?

My mother was in a rehab facility after having hip replacement surgery. She is 71, overweight and recalcitrant in her rehab. She is also diabetic and has been eating non-stop since arriving at the rehab. Last week it was noted that the incision sight for the hip replacement was infected and last evening, I got a call that she was being sent back to the hospital for projectile vomiting . Could the infection have spread? Is there any reason for the vomiting? I ve not heard back from the nurses yet this morning.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012