Diabetes, obesity, chronic iron-deficiency anemia, frequent uti. Roux en y gastric bypass, cholecystectomy, hernia surgery done. Advise?

I had a roux-and-y gastric bypass and cholecystectomy performed in 2009. I had a follow-up emergency surgery a few days later to repair a hernia in one of my laproscopic incisions. Prior to the surgery, I was obese with type 2 diabetes, sleep apnea, and intermittent anemia. Now I am still obese, still have type 2 diabetes and have chronic iron-deficiency anemia. I do not know if I still have apnea. In addition, I have intermittent edema in my legs, seemingly related to high sodium content meals. I have frequent UTIs as well. My labs, done at Mayo Clinic this week confirm diabetes, anemia, and UTI. I also have high uric acid but all other kidney tests are normal. All other tests are normal including TSH, electrolytes, overnight pulse oximetry,and differential levels are normal, My plan is to start a low-carb diet, resistance exercise regiment, and supplement with chelated iron with ascorbic acid. Is there anything else you recommend?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013