Diabetes not able to lose weight. Cellulitis in the leg. Have PCOS. Not able to control the fasting sugar levels. Need help

Hi i am 58 years old and was diagnosed as type 2 DB when I was 35. I weigh 111kgs and have had a life long struggle with my weight. I developed cellulitus in my left leg and got a massive infection in that cellulitus site while gardening when a cutting poked into the front of my leg. My blood sugars were in the 20's and went into hospital for 9 days and was treated with cocktails of antibiotics when my leg turned almost black while the docs were deciding whether or not to take my leg off. I came out of hospital weighing 18 kilos less than I went in and on intravenous antibiotics for 2 months daily at home. At 38 I had a partial hysterectomy and discovered that my overies were covered in cysts. No one ever suggested any treatment was ever suggested for this. Sice I have been home I have fought hard to keep the weight off and my GP told me that I have a resistance to the insulin that I have been taking plus metformin since coming out of hospital. I wonder if this is because I have polycistic ovarian desease, besides insulin resistance I have a severe problem with facial hair and very bloated looking abdoman. My blood sugars range from 10 to 15.9 fasting breakfast. I follow very strict diabetes diet and lifestyle - nothing seems to working and I am starting to wonder if it is worth it. Can you suggest anything for me.
Best Regards
Angela Mattingly
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013