Diabetes, minor surgery on foot, finger darkened. What is wrong?

hi! I'm Mr. Bacasejos of Manila, Philippines, asking a big favor from you to answer my query about my uncle with diabetes. he is now in the hospital with minor operation in his foot. after the a day of operation we noticed that another finger in his foot again turned into black in color. he undergo minor operation in his foot because one of his finger get black due to the wound created by a rusty nail. the blackening of his finger in the foot is normal or not?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013