Diabetes, hypertension, taking amplopres since years, prescribed telma h for elevation in BP. Efficacy and possible side effects?

i am 62 year woman and have high bp and diabetics for many years and have been taking amlopres at once a day after breakfast. recently about 3 weeks ago my doctor added another medicine telma h twice daily as my bp had shot up to 200/80. now my bp is constant at 140/80 (it has always been 140/90 or140/80 even with medication for last many years.is this a good combination of drugs and what could be possible side effects?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012