Diabetes, have continuous non-productive cough, no relief with medicines. Is it a virus or should I go for chest X-ray?

i have had a cough for 12 day, non productive, it sounds productive but nothing. been taking paracetamol and hot drinks and recently doc gave me antibiotics and a slbutamol inhaler to try to help cough. but after 3 day of antibiotics still coughing so probably viral. i hva e a cough 24 hours a day, feel generally unwell. leg muscle cramps , headache and sore throat although these are minor compared to the cough and pressure on my sternum. I am a type 1 diabetic with history 7 years ago of graves disease which went away following year bocl and replace therapy.. the graves was brought on by pregnancy. the only medication is use is insulin, my blood pressure is lways on the low side of normal, i do not had proteinurea and am not on ace inhibitors. Is it just a virus or do i need my chest xrayed. thanks
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012