Diabetes, had extremely high levels of blood sugar readings, using Trimovate for skin soreness at the vaginal opening. Side effect of steroidal cream?

I have been using Trimovate prescribed by my GP since Tuesday for soreness of the skin at the opening of my vagina . I have been a type 1 diabetic for the last 31 years and never had this problem before. I have had extremely high blood sugar reading yesterday morning 23.8. this morning 25.9. Which yesterday I controlled during the day by adjusting my fast acting insulin and will do so today again. Is this a side effect of using this steroid cream?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012