Diabetes during pregnancy, on insulin, scan shows insufficient foetal growth, advised infusion drips. Second opinion?

Hi.. my wife is now at 15 week and 1 day . She is having type 2 DM for which she is taking insulin . We took a scan and found the below Fetal Biometry, BPD - 32mm HC - 108mm AC - 80mm FL - 13mm Doctor advised that the growth of baby is not sufficient and suggested to go for aminomix infusion drips once in a week for 4 weeks. Please let me know whether this is the procedure to go for when the growth of baby is not sufficient.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012