Diabetes, constant belching, bloating, obstruction in throat, have acid reflux induced asthma. No relief with Nexium, inhaler. What is the cause?

Hi, I m a 28 year old diabetic. I ve had diabetes for almost 10 years. My blood sugars have been a little irregular lately (I ve been experiencing highs that I have to correct after meals). I m not sure if it has anything to do with my problem now, but that s just some back-ground information. I am experienceing unusual GI symptoms. I have been belching constantly. The only time I don t belch is when I am eating. It s like I can t breath, so I push down and belch. It s very strange. I feel bloated and like I have a frog in my throat . Months back this all started, but it was more of just a tightness. I was told I was having asthma brought on by acid reflux . I was given Nexium and an inhaler . I took the Nexium for about a month, but without any relief. The belching has been going off and on for days at a time for the past couple of months. I m tired and don t know what to do. I ve read online I could be sucking in too much air. I try not to do the things it suggested I not do. I ve noticed when I drink things, it s like I gulp. I ve tried not to, but it seems it s just the way I drink?? I m at a loss, frustrated, and tired. I will see my doctor on the 11th and I m hoping she will refer me to a GI doctor. Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions would be great. The past couple of days, the belching has been so bad that I have tried everything I can think of. Mylanta, pepcid, tums, gas x, etc. I m not overweight, but I am very short and have a small upper body. I ve often wondered if that could be a factor??!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012