Diabetes, colitis, heart issues, have mouth dryness, disorientation, confusion, low appetite, shoulder and leg pain. Emergency?

My husband has been sleeping both day and night for about 9 days. His mouth is dry all the time. He seems disoriented and confused. He didn t know what day of the week it was. He normally loves to eat. He is 64 years old. overweight , Diabetes , Colitis , partial blockage of small arteries treated with medicine. Family history of Diabetes, strokes and heart problems. But hasn t had much of an appetite . Only eating a small sandwich all day. There is a personality change. He c/o pain in his right shoulder and right leg. He does not talk as much as usual. Although he tells me to wait until the morning to see his Doctor. I m wondering if I should just take him to the emergency room
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013