Diabetes, chronic sinus, upper respiratory infection, panic attacks due to strange smell locked in nostrils, violent coughs, have got over smoking. Stress-related?

When I inhale, I smell a strange odor. Almost like dryer sheets or smoke of some kind. There is a weird feeling in my mouth as well. I was recently diagnosed with Diabetes . I seemed to have lost my sense of smell about the same time of my diagnosis, but now have that weird smell locked in my nostrils. At times, I have the sensation of drainage, but when I cough, I get very little, clear mucus up. Sometimes, my voice begins to crack causing me to cough violently. After this episode, it seems to dissipate. The strange smell is not always present. For instance in the morning when I get up it s not there. I have had a history of chronic sinus and upper respiratory infections. I was diagnosed with Diabetes last year and have since gotten under control, lost 50+ pounds and have quit smoking within the past 3 months. I don t know if it is stress related or what, but it is driving me crazy almost to where I am having panic attacks. Please Help....
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012