Diabetes IDDM, have elevated S.urea and S.creatinine level post edema treatment, diagnosed with UTI, advised AV fistula fitting. Am I heading towards dialysis?

Hi I am Sujata 69 Female from India.I am DM type 2 IDDM since last 25 years. Taking Humalog TDS and Lantus in night at 11 pm.My S. urea and S. Creatine level had started to rise and with all possible control on Blood Pressure and Sugar my S.urea 88 mg/dl S. Creatinine 4.6 mg/dl on 21.6.2012 when I was hospitalised for EDEMA due to Anemia Hb 8.6%.After discharge swelling on my ankles and feet was gone,was put on Erythropotien injection 0000 iu every ten days.My Hb improved to 9.8%.But S.Urea increased to 112 mg/dl and S.creatinine 6 mg/dl. Was diagnosed with UTI.Prescribed Nitrofuraton Bd for 7 days and Amikasin inj250 mg OD for 7 days.These were found SENSITIVE in Urine culture report.I have been advised by NEPHRO to get AV fistula fitted.What to do now.Am I inching towards Dyalisis?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012