Dexolac Premium 2, difference between Dexolac Premium 1&2, introduction age

Hi, My daughter is 7 months old.I am giving her DEXOLAC PREMIUM 2 as milk supplement now.What is the differance between DEXOLAC 1 and DEXOLAC 2.Is there any problem if i feed her with DEXOLAC 1 becuase i feel some difference in her while giving DEXOLAC 2.And also at this age what all food we can introduce which are safe. Neethu
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Dear Neethu,

Thanks for your query. The difference between Dexolac Premium 1 & 2 is in the composition of carbohydrate, proteins and milk fat. Dexolac 1 contains 52 g, 12 g and 14.5 g of carbohydrates, proteins and milk fat respectively whereas Dexolac 2 contains 48 g, 16 g and 14 g respectively.

There should not be any problem if you want to continue with Dexolac Premium 1 for your daughter.

At the age of 7 months, you should be giving her more of semisolid and solid diet from the family pot. Inititally start with liquid portions and gradually shift to pureed portions and then to solid. Usually children start cutting their teeth at this age and would love to nibble at hard things.

Wishing you and your daughter all the best.