Developed swollen lymph node with cough, fever and cold. Tests showed infection. Suggestion?

My 15 year old daughter developed swollen lymph nodes about 4 weeks ago. This coincided with a cough , fever, runny nose which lasted about a week. The nodes haven t gone down. She s had a CBC which showed an infection. But the doc is alarmed at how large her nodes are swollen. He has ordered an ultrasound to see if they are what he called reactive nodes. She doesn t have any other symptoms now, just the nodes that have stayed up. How worried should I be?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013