Developed some rash in bottom & genital area. what could be done?

Hi , I have a baby boy who is going to turn 8 months this 28 april. He has developed some rash around his bottom & genital area. His paed advised that he is having a tummy infection and has given the below medicines.
1) colicaid
2) furoxene
3) Siloderm (ointment) to be applied
we have been following this for the last 48 hours, but unfortunately the rash doesnt seem to reduce. baby passes motions 4-5 times a day (semi-soft, greenish yellow) he is breast fed as well as has rice, malt, cerelac.
Please can you help us to understand what else needs to be done for the rash to be cured ? Many many thanks...

anxious parents
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013