Developed ringing sound in ear with no pain. How to rectify? Taking antibiotics for tonsillitis

I recently had acute tonsillitis for which I was prescribed antibiotics . A week or so into the tonsillitis I developed a ringing in my right ear with muffled sound. I went back to the GP and she said my eardrum looked slightly darker than the other one so she thought that there was maybe a build up of fluid relating to the tonsillitis. Today however I still have the ringing but now I am hearing almost an echo of sound in the ear when people are talking to me or when the tv is on. I don t have any pain in the ear and my throat is clear now also.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012