Developed pigmentation below the eyes, nose, cheeks. On melalite. Is it effective?

My wife developed pigmentation on her face- below the eyes, on nose and cheeks after child berth. Somebody suggested Melalite 15mg from Piramal Group (Now from Abott). Thought the Doctor concerned had asked her to use it minimally with a toothpick at affected places, that did not help. However putting it all over the affected place at night and washing it off in the morning did lighten it . Sometime back they changed the colour scheme and may be composition because it is not that effective now. Today I found another cream Melalite XL (Hydroquinine/ Tretinoin / Mometasone Furoate) cream 15 gm . Is it effective? Another doctor had recommended laser treatment for longer relief, many years ago. Can you guide us?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012