Developed lump under tattoo. Any thing serous?

my boyfriend has 2 sleeve tattoos on his arm all black, hes had them for a very long time more than 6 year and suddenly there are hard lumps appering underneath the actual tattoo, and there seem to be gettting more and more hes never had them before and one of them is quite big now i would say about the sixe ov a thumb nail.. can you help as hes been on the computer reading al kinds have telt him to make appointmet at doctors
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Lump under the tattoo can be cancerous sign.go for a biopsy to rule out carcinoma.first use a short course of antibiotic.if it is a furuncle it just goes away