Developed deep wavy fingernails. Does this mean anything ?

Over the past few weeks I have developed wavy fingernails, I mean really bad. My pinky and ring fingers seem to just be starting, but the other six fingers have really deep waves. I have had waves in my thumb nails in the past, but they were more spread out, not suddenly I have 6 fingers with waves and they are very close together. Does this mean anything or is it just another fun thing that comes with age? I ll be 50 in June.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Hello user,
There are hundreds of causes of wavy fingernails. Most of them are related to fungal infection of nail bed and others are sign of some systemic disease like arthritis or celiac disease or just simple vitamins or mineral deficiency.
So I hereby advice you to visit a nearby General Physician to let him your fingernails examined and start particular treatment.

hope my info helped you
Dr Hari Om Chandrakar