Developed brown splotches on neck under jaw line. Spots spreading to chest. Should I be concerned?

About three years ago I developed light to medium brown splotches on the left side of my neck just under my jaw line about halfway down my neck. They never bothered me though my older sister teased me that I looked like a Dax from Star Trek. Recently (in the past month) the spots have spread all the way down my chest to skin that has never been exposed to sun. The spots are larger and less clustered the further down they go. Is this something that should concern me? Should I see my doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Hi i think the brown patches on the body can be tinea is a fungal infection caused by malassezia is mainly due
To excessive spreads fast and can be cured by flucanazole 150mg weekly once for 4 weeks and application of candid tv lotion 15 minutes before bath and application of ketaconazole cream in the night can cure the condition