Developed a lump in the crease of elbow. What can it be if it causes pain?

My wife has developed a lump in the crease of her elbow . She did not hit it or injure it in anyway that she is aware of. The lump causes pain when touched and there is a little bit of redness on the skin and it is warm to the touch? Any ideas as to what could be the cause and should she go see the doctor? There is no swelling of the elbow at all.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Homeopath 's  Response
hi welcome to HCM
-i had gone through your query and understand your concerns.
-i woild come up the possibility of GANGLION may be the cause for your wife sufferings.

- ct scan for the sweeling may confirm the diagnosis

I hope this is helpful for you, thank you