Developed DVT on leg, pain in calf muscle. Taking Warfarin, clexane injections. Why?

Hello Doctor,
I am taking Warfarin for the past 6 months because I developed DVT left leg( below knee 3 clots) after my flight to Asia last year where I fell ill and developed amoebaesis and was admitted in hospital and was on IV antibiotics and fluids. I took a flight straight back after my recovery after which I noticed pain in my calf muscle. I consulted a haematologist about 3 months ago who said I can stop the Warfarin as it was provoked DVT. However, I had to travel overseas shortly after, and my general doctor decided to keep me on warfarin until after the trip. I have to travel international again in about 3 weeks time from now and I am unsure if I should continue Warfrain/ should take clexane injections before/after the flights - 8hr non stop each way. I am also aware that warfarin should not be taken for a prolonged time( risk pof haemorrhage) but Im scared. please help.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013