Detected to be pregnant, had normal cycles, fluttering baby movement. How could I not find out?

I know this sounds crazy, but I m 35 weeks & found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago. I never missed a cycle and each month they were normal. I started gaining weight around November, but assumed it was from my decision to quit smoking back in July 12 played a part in it. The baby would make flutter type movements, they weren t very distinguished though. This pregnancy is completely opposite of my 1st. How could I not know from the beginning that I was pregnant?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013