Detached retina repaired by surgery. Shadow coming across vision path. Is it re-tear of retina?

I had a detached retina three years ago and had the surgery, the retina was repaired. It was a major tear and had new lenz installed too. Have had no problems to date with the vision and I just noticed in past 4 days a slight shadow in the upper right corner of the repaired eye, starting to come across the vision path. Could it be a retear of the retina or residual cateract that has formed? and should I call my surgeon now and have it checked further?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013