Dermovate prescribed for eczema flare ups on the face. Will the use of steroid cream cause permanent damage to the skin?

I keep getting flare ups of eczema on my face, it was very bad a year a go and my doctor prescribed me dermovate . Over the past year whenever there has been a flare up I have used a very small amount of this on my face to keep it under control. however after a week or two the flare ups would start again, I apply the steroid cream wait five minutes then apply aveeno as a moisturiser. After doing extensive research on the Internet I am becoming increasingly paranoid that I may be doing permanent damage to the skin on my face but I don t know what to do to control it I have heard quite a few people recommend protopic as this does not damage/thin skin. Can you please help and what would you advise Thank you Henry
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012