Dermatomyosytis, have weakness in lower back, difficulty in swallowing. Chest X-ray normal. Cause?

I found out I had dermatamyocytis since I was13 I am now 47 I never had any symptons til last yr I started having weakness in my lower back felt like my muscles I kept telling my Drs but no one ever said it might be my disease, I am so bad now I can barely walk no muscle strength. hard to swallow and my chest alwaays feels like I have to cough , my back of my neck and upper back kill me,when one question I have is does it affect your muscles in your stomach because it seems I have real weakness there, I had a chest xray it said it was normal, I ve taken plaquenil and I.m now on 14 mg of steroids and 6 pilss of methrotrexate nothings helping I m very scared do you know anything of this disease sry 15 mg steroids
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013