Dermatitis. Dark black patches. Prescribed octopine, defozoc, vitamin, brite cream. Will patches go away, side effects, take medicines regularly?

I am 35 years old men, i have suffering dermatitis on face as I have dark black patches on my face on both cheeks. I am using tablet (Octopine-L, Defozoc, and vitamin a & d) since jan'13, also i am regularly visiting the doctors, they told me that these patches will go after regular use of these tab & also they told me that these patches take long time to go from skin or face. Now doctors suggest me BRITE cream which i am using in night as per the doctors advice. I want to know about these dark patches as they have not gone till the date but now they are light in color (brown). Also I want to know should I give up these above mentioned medicines that the dermatologist suggest me or can I still use on regular basis?. Is there any side effects of these medicines as i have already used 4+ months on regular basis.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013