Depression, unsuccessful relations, lonely. Taking medication. How to get relief?

I have been suffering with depression since I was a teenager,I m now 60yrs old retired,have 3 beautiful grandchildren ,but my life is dull,I ve been divorce for 15 years now ,I been in a few relationships,but I have a hard time with this,because people will tell time be careful she s a depress person I have no faith in myself, I just want to be around people who are happy,and I don t like to live by myselfetc..I know i have to change my thinking ,I live in a small town and people just look at you its lonely and scary,I know my sisters try to help in many ways,I just feel I would be better off died,I out of every ones life,and it goes on and on.I m on meds been off and on them,but now I m on them for some time now for my family ,but I don t see any difference,so what do I do?
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012