Depression, taking cotalopram, have a feeling of bipolar. What could be wrong with me?

I have been diagnosed with depression since I was about 18, and I have been on and off anti depressants and been to counselling! I used to cut mysef and have extreme highs and lows! I am currently 25 and I have been on cotalopram for about 2 years! I genuinely do not believe I have depression though, counselling does not help or uncover anything, I have never had a bad life or have anything to be depressed about, my life is currently perfect as far as I am concerned and even when I am feeling my extreme lows which I still get on my tablets I know that I am actualy happy but I can not control that feeling that I want to tear my brain out of my head! Then all of a sudden 2 days later I will be the happiest hyperactive person you have seen! My boyfriend has said that it sounds to him like something called bipolar and looking into this further i have all those symptoms but my doctors dot seem to do anything... And I just want to know what s wrong with me n feel normal because it is ruining my work life due to so many days off
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012