Depression, suicidal tendency, smoking addiction, need to meet psychiatrist. Advice?

Dear Doctor, I am 33 years old married Indian male born and bought up outside Kerala Kerala state with a successful career. I don’t know I am feeling depressed for last couple of months, sometime think of killing myself. Everything becomes as wrong and mistake always thinking why did god gave me this painful life, and I am going mad that I don’t sleep and eat. I am abusing myself my smoking and smoking a lot every day and something else is stopping me from killing myself. I need your help Doctor for a private consultation in confidence as I don’t want to become a fool in front of others. Doctor, I beg you to please help me and provide me a professional from Kozhikode district of Kerala state in India.I want to go into coma stage that I won t know what is having around me, so that I can stay away from pains in life. Doctor, I am currently outside India and will be visiting Kerala next week for a long time. I work in Oil & Gas industry on 6 weeks on and 6 week off duty rotation. Doctor, I kindly request you to please provide all personal contact number, so that I can call for an appointment in confidence. Hope you will help me. Looking forward for your kind early positive response. Thank You, With Kind Regards Gineesh Kandiyil
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

Considering your symptoms severity you need urgent treatment from psychiatrist, irrespective of your current address. Try to search psychiatrist in your area through internet or take help of general physician in search.

Till that time, communicate your problem to family members and do not remain alone.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal