Depression, isolated feeling, increased sensitiveness post getting off Espiride. Withdrawal effect?

Hi there, have been taking Espiride for the past few months or so, off and on, to help gain weight in conjunction with other meds. I ve been put on it before, just over a year ago, but to make me feel better, burt it wasn t for that this time. I was taking 3/day, 50mg, and then I stopped a few days ago as don t feel I need them or want them anymore. I feel awful now. Depressed, isolated and very sad and sensitive. Is this a side affect of going off it or what?
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. Espiride contains [Supiride] : which is used to treat psychosis and depression, but is a good mood stabilizer. [Sulpiride blocks some of the effects of certain chemicals in the brain which are thought to affect thinking, feelings and behavior], and reason of your present symptoms due to stoppage of drug.
2. Your doctor has to take your full medical history into account, as well as any other medications you might be on. [ It is important that the person prescribing this medicine knows your full medical history.
3. It is still not approved in US and Canada.

PS: patients on antipsychotics medicines can have or may experience rare side effects like tardive dyskinesia and neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Consult your Doctor.