Depression due to unloving ways of only child. What can be done?

I am divorced, my son is 13. recently he went to stay at his dads while i moved in with family to save money to get us a house. he told me recently he wants to live with dad now, bc dad needs him and I am strong and can be ok alone . Right before he told me this he went for a week to the beach with my exes adult children. My exes daughter started texting me really nasty remarks and my son thought it was ok. I was very upset and cried. My son wont even talk to me anymore. I dont know what is happening? his dad says its a phase bc of age. My son has always been my world. I ALWAYS have put him first. I can barely function, i am now depressed. my heart is so broken. how do i get my son back??? We didnt have any arguements or anything. Please give me some advice. I am so desperate.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012

I understand your worry and concern. You tend to feel heart broken when such things happen. Your son is growing up. As a mother, you need to understand his needs too.

You may let him be with his dad for some time as his wish.

It is wrong of your ex’s daughter to text to you nasty remarks. Please speak to your ex-husband about this and make sure that this does not happen again.

You have the right to live your life. It is obvious that you are depressed. Please get a small dose of anti-depressant drug prescribed by your primary physician.

Your son will be yours always wherever he may be.

Take some rest.

Things will be better soon.