Depression due to unemployment, do not have positive outlook, disinterested in all activities, undecided about future. Treatment advise?

Dr Jyotirmoy Samajdar, I am experiencing some problems with regard to my only son. He is an Hons. graduate and has completed MBA from a New Delhi based Management School. He was offered placement at Noida, but could not retain his job. He is now in Kolkata and looking for an opening. As of now, he is unemployed. It may be one of the reasons for his depression . From his childhood, he is very casual in his studies and commitments. He takes the things very lightly. His confidence is at the bottom level and is totally confused about his future mission and objective. He is totally undecided what to do in his life. He deals most of the issues with negative mindset. He lacks positivity. He is gradually loosing interest in all activities. He loves to watch TV, play with his mobile (Facebook, Twitter, chat etc.) whenever he finds his time. He goes to sleep late at night. Other drawbacks may kindly be evaluated when he is permitted to you. I think he is having serious psychological problems which need to be addressed at the earliest before things go out of control. We, as parents, his well being at all cost. I like you to guide me to overcome this problem without much delay. If needed, I can meet you along with my son on a day and time suitable to you. An urgent appointment is solicited. Tapan Kr. Roy 0000 E-mail: YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012