Depression, anxiety, breathlessness, declared dead, foaming mouth. No illegal drugs. Help?

My son died on Sunday. He had been at a ballgame and had a few drinks. He went back to a friend's house. My son was taking medication for depression/anxiety. They said he slipped off of a chair (not fell) but got back up. When asked if he was o.k., he said yes. This happened a second time. He stayed on the floor and feel sound asleep snoring loudly. When everyone got up in the morning, he was not breathing and pronouned dead,. There was no vomit, but only a foam that was coming from his mouth. Preliminary reports from the Medical Examiner said there were no illegal drugs evident. Please help what could this have been?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013