Depression, anger, lack of sleep. Prescribed lamotragine and trazadone. Combination medicine required?

i was diagnosed with depression about 7 years ago and given antidepressants,which didnt seem to help moods constantly fluctuated and i would fly into rages,i struggle to sleep and have days where i dont sleep at all. i took overdose in february and my new psychiatrist has now prescribed lamotragine and trazadone which has improved my moods, i am confused though,if i only have depression why am i now on the combination of medication i m on?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012