Depression, Suggested to expose to people, but he doesn t feel to do that. Suggestion?

hi my boyfriend has depression he went to the doctors and is on tablets and he has to go back to the doctors on Monday to get more tablets the doctor said he will need to go talk to someone but he doesn't feel like he needs to talk to someone is there any helpful things I can say to him that might help him I know there isn't much I can do to help but any thing would be a great help to me thank you
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Thank you for writing to us.
You can be of great help to your boyfriend. The following points will help you talk to him and make him feel good.
1. He is not alone who is suffering from depression. There are millions of people in the world suffering fron it. Treatment is available for it and you can lead a normal life with medicines and talk therapy.

2. Tell him that you understand his condition and will stand by him at all times. You accept him with his depression and understand that having depression does not mean mental weakness. It is a disease like high blood pressure or diabetes.

3. Do not confront him or give reasons, just sit and liaten to him.Tell him that you will not discuss his feelings with anyone, will not judge him and want to listen to his innner feelings and thoughts.

4. Help him to ventilate his emotions and express hia conflicts .

I hope this helps you.