Depression. Possibility of bipolar disorder. Taking Lexapro. No relief. Measures to control bipolar symptoms?

I have been on Lexapro 10 mg once daily for 4 years now. I have recently noticed that the medicine has not been helping me at all. I am feeling the need to wean myself off of the medicine. I quit cold turkey three months before Christmas and got back on them a few weeks after Christmas because my depression was getting worse. A couple different doctors are wanting to send me to a psychological doctor to find out if I am bipolar but I have not found a doctor that takes my insurance yet so I do not know for sure yet. I would like to know if it is a good idea to wean myself off of the Lexapro or not and if so then what would the best way of doing so would be? I would also like to know if you can give me any advice about how to get control over the symptoms of bipolar-ism that i seem to have.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012