Depression. On venlafaxine. Weight gain, muscle problems, hot flashes. Side effect, other medicine?

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I have been suffering from depression for the past 2 years. I am taking venlafaxine 225mg. Since I have been taking this I have gained 20 lbs within a year. I am also having muscle problems and hot flashes before I go out. Do you think this has something to do with this medication. If so is there something else you could recommend, that I could tell my doctor to prescribed me. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013