Depression. Muscles restricting, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, imbalance. On xanax. Help?

Yes please. I am a 51 year old female. In 1994 I had a panic attack and was diadnosed with anxiety. My doctor gave me a prescription for xanax .5 mg at the time and also diagnosed me with depression . He worked with me to get the right dosage of xanax, which was 1 mg 3X dily, as needed. I also went through several anti-depressent medications until I was prescribed 60 mg Cymbalta. This worked perfectly for me and I have been taking this medication since that time. My doctor increased my xanax too 4 mg daily and increased my Cymbalta to 90 mg apprxomately 8 months ago. Four months ago, he asked me if I could pass a drug test and I told him absolutely because I have always taken my prescription medication as directed. He said that my test came back positive for meth amphetamine . I have had sinus surgery and was recommend by my ENT to take the generic behind the counter pseudoefadrine. I just found out recently that my husband and I rented a home 8 months last year where meth was made in the house. We had tried to paint the house on the inside and paint would not stick to the walls. I have not ever done meth. I have looked up what could cause a false=positive drug test for this and there where several possible scenarios. My doctor cut my prescription for Xanax to 2mg daily in October and has tested me each month since where I had clean drug tests. I just went on February 19th and he discontinued my Xanax prescription altogether. I have had to beg, bum, and buy them illegally, which I am not proud of whatsoever and do not want to get in trouble. Last week, I began having seizures with my muscles restricting. I wish I did not have to take this medication...wish I never took it. My doctor recommeded me to go to a behaviorial science facility called OASIS in Huntington, WV but I lost my job 3 years ago and do not have any insurance. He said he would not prescribe me my Xanax and he did not give me my samplDear Doctor, I am a 51 year old female. In 1994 I had a panic attack and was diagnosed with anxiety. My doctor gave me a prescription for Xanax .5 mg at the time and also diagnosed me with depression. He worked with me to get the right dosage of Xanax, which was 1 mg 3X daily, as needed. I also went through several anti- depressant medications until I was prescribed 60 mg Cymbalta. This worked perfectly for me and I have been taking this medication since that time. My doctor increased my Xanax to 4 mg daily and increased my Cymbalta to 90 mg 8 months ago. Four months ago, he asked me if I could pass a drug test and I told him absolutely because I have always taken my prescription medication as directed. He said that my test came back positive for meth amphetamine. I have had sinus surgery and was recommended by my ENT to take the generic, behind the counter pseudoephedrine. I just found out recently that my husband and I rented a home 8 months last year where meth was made in the house. We had tried to paint the house on the inside and paint would not stick to the walls. I have never done meth and do not take illegal drugs or drugs not prescribed to me. I have looked up what could cause a false-positive drug test for this and there where several possible scenarios. In October 2012, my doctor cut my prescription of Xanax to 2mg daily and has tested me each month since where I had clean drug tests. I just went on February 19th, had a clean drug test, but he discontinued my Xanax prescription altogether. I have had to beg, bum, and buy them illegally, which I am not proud of whatsoever and do not want to get in trouble. I have heard medical panels have recommended to doctors to refrain from prescribing Xanax. Last week, I began having seizures with my muscles restricting, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, imbalance of equilibrium, fuzzy-like headiness, uncontrollable muscles, etc. I wish I did not have to take this medication...wish I never took it. At my last appointment, my doctor recommended me to go to a behavioral science facility called OASIS in Huntington, WV. He had recommended this in October of last year and I explained that I pay out-of-pocket because I have no insurance, that I was currently relying on my mother’s social security income to pay for my appointments, and that I could not afford to go to this behavioral science facility because of the cost involved. He then informed me he would not prescribe me my Xanax, he would give me a referral (which he did not), did not give me any samples of Cymbalta, and did not give me a follow-up appointment. I have called back to try and find out what to do but he will not return my calls. I have called other behavioral science places in Huntington, WV and receive a recording. I leave a message and nobody will return my call. I really need help. I don t know the results of any studies of long-term Xanax. Please help me find a doctor that will help me. I don t want to die. Please refer me to a doctor that will prescribe me Xanax or that will help my condition. I would sincerely appreciate it. Mrs. Millicent Allen 1173 County Road 1, Lot 49 South Point, OH 0000 304-730-9996
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013